Eden Hazard drops surprising retirement news that will see him match former Chelsea man's career


The 28-year-old is set to win his 100th cap for Belgium this evening but plans to keep on playing for a while yet





Eden Hazard has dropped some surprising retirement news ahead of his 100th cap for Belgium, saying he plans to continue playing for as long as Thibaut Courtois does.






The Chelsea man also wants to carry on playing for as long as his body allows him to but has surprisingly admitted that if there is a new player in his place in the future, he will let him play.


At 28 there are still a fair few miles left in the tank for Hazard and Courtois, but the winger is set to win his 100th cap for his country when Belgium take on Cyprus in their 2020 European Championships qualifiers this evening.







He could even see the Red Devils into their next World Cup campaign in 2022 having seen his side finish third at the 2018 World Cup, with Hazard planning to continue playing until his body gives up.





Hazard has been in stunning form once again for Chelsea this season, netting himself 16 goals in all competitions, form that has seen him increasingly linked with a move to Real Madrid in the summer.





He's denied any deal is in place for the time being, however, and has instead revealed his retirement plans for the future "I don't set a goal," Hazard said. "I have always said that I wanted to play as long as my body doesn't say stop.



"It will also be related to the new generation. If I see that there is a player in my place, I'll let him play.







"I hope it happens, that's what makes football: the oldest stop, the youngest ones push on. "When I arrived, I probably pushed people [out]. "Today, I'm still young, and I think that Courtois will beat the record, especially if he's playing until the age of 38.



"I don't know, maybe he'll do it, be a [Gianluigi] Buffon, play until he's 40. "I will try to continue as long as Thibaut continues."

Post a Comment

0 Comments